A while ago I posted a blog about the blogs I wanted to post. Remember this?
I have been holding off on publishing many things because I didn't have the ability to upload my photos from my camera to the computer and then subsequently to our blog. When I bought my camera I loaded the software onto our PC and uploaded my photos whenever I needed to. A little while later I got a laptop for work and I didn't re-load the software on to the laptop. Long-story-short we moved and left our PC at my parents so now I'm left without the ability to upload my photos on a regular basis.
Tonight I decided enough was enough and I searched the Canon website to download the software I need. [Intentionally leaving out frustrating details] It wouldn't work. Thanks, Canon!
Instead of throwing my camera or computer out the window I figured I would just plug the camera in and see what happens. I distinctly remember a big fat warning plastered to the camera instructions that read: "Do NOT attach camera to computer before installing software!" Since I couldn't download the software I figured I didn't have much to lose, right?!?
I pluged the camera in and IT WORKED! My wonderful Dell laptop has a feature that I didn't know existed. It identifies your camera (or scanner, printer, etc.) and finds the products you need in order to run them properly.
Now that this wonderful information is known I am left with laughter at the fact that I could have figured this out a long time ago! Oh well, it works now and that's all that matters!
Photos coming sooon... lots and lots and lots of photos... and stories... and blog posts... and other fun stuff... coming very very soon!
I'm sure you'll be sick of me in no time :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment