It all started last night when Jeff and I put the girls to bed. Jammies were on, books were picked out and warm blankies had been fetched from the dryer. A few minutes later Alissa got up to get a drink of water and proceeded to go back to reading her book. Jeff and I sat on the couch watching TV and we heard some annoying noises only to put two-and-two together that Carley was flipping through the pages of her book in an unnatural manner - obviously their bedroom door was open if we could hear the ruckus. I yelled to their room and asked one of the girls to shut the door.
"I reading!" yells Carley.
So I kindly asked Alissa to shut the door.
"I'm half way sleeping already," she says in the fakest sleepy voice I've ever heard.
I begged Carley again but she ignored me. In a last ditch effort I shouted "Who ever shuts the door gets a surprise!"
Jeff and I sit quitely waiting for some type of excitement....... but still nothing.
About 30 seconds later a little voice says "Liar," and then shut the door!
We were in stitches!!!! Jeff told Alissa that when she wakes up she most definitely gets a surprise just because she knows her mama so well!
*******************************************************************************
Today we were driving home from running errands (my life story) and one of my favorite songs came on the radio. Naturally I turned it up and sang to my hearts content. When the song was finished I asked the girls if they liked that song too.
Alissa says (without skipping a beat) "Yeah, but not if you're singing it!"
I died laughing! She's so funny!
Welcome to pre-tween (if there is such a thing)!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So cute!!! I can't wait until Johnny can say something other than HOT. (That is his favorite word. Everything is HOT)
LOVE IT!!!
Post a Comment